July 17, 2012
Grandpa Marsh sitting in Mom's Mini Cooper. He was suprised that he could get into the car so easily. He liked the car as much as Mom does!!After Grandpa got into Mom's car, he had her get in his wheelchair to go for a walk. (Mom had gone body surfing, unintentionally, and was really banged up.) So I pushed Mom in the wheelchair with Addi following. Grandpa led the way pushing his walker. It was an exciting walk to the end of the street and back. Glad grandpa lives in the middle of the street. It made for a shorter walk for our parade!!
Mom playing Grandma's piano is always comforting. This is the first time I have been to Grandpa's since Grandma dies 1 1/2 years ago. I really missed Grandma playing the piano.
After Grandpa came home from World War II he recieved a $500 bonus from the military. So Grandma took the money and bought a clothes washer, this piano and one more major item (can't remember what that was right now). I thought this was in interesting piece of family history as well as our country's economic history.


No comments:
Post a Comment