Monday, January 23, 2012

Picture #21

January 21, 2012
There are a lot of pictures for this day!! Samantha went with her NJROTC unit to a drill competition.
Samantha competed individually for the first time. She has been talking about doing this for the last two years. Look at that great military bearing!
I love the sharpness of this move. I know that still shots make it hard to imagine. But believe me it was awesome!
The rifle weighs about 8lbs. I would be tired after just carrying it. Her routine of 5 minutes 45 seconds took lots more muscle than to just hold the rifle.
Spinning the riffle in any way you can!
Yep, that is her first place medal!! Samantha had a unique and difficult routine. She performed well and used great military bearing to recover even when she dropped the riffle.
Congratulations to my amazing daughter!!
There were 21 schools at the competition. Charlotte High's unit took: 1st in armed basic,4th in unarmed basic (Samantha commanded), 5th in overall drill, Zach Frohn took 2nd in academics, Samantha Webecke took 1st in Female Individual Drill.

1 comment: